Thursday, September 29, 2005
The morning's events
The morning I attended a talk about Internet 2. The talk was basically in two parts. First, he talked about the network map, and how much bandwidth we're actually talking about. (Hint: A LOT.) The bulk of the talk could be best summarized as "Here are some cool things you could do if you had infinite bandwidth." Very neat stuff.
Lunch was fantastic.
After lunch, I attended BOF (Birds Of a Feather) session which was open discussion on a variety of issues. The only complaint is that the topic matter was too broad, so we weren't able to go very deep on any one thing. But, still, it was a good discussion, and a few very valuable things came out of it, as well as some opportunities for future collaboration.
Now I'm in a talk on social tools that our students are using, or that they should be using. More details later.
Lunch was fantastic.
After lunch, I attended BOF (Birds Of a Feather) session which was open discussion on a variety of issues. The only complaint is that the topic matter was too broad, so we weren't able to go very deep on any one thing. But, still, it was a good discussion, and a few very valuable things came out of it, as well as some opportunities for future collaboration.
Now I'm in a talk on social tools that our students are using, or that they should be using. More details later.
